Bellis stocks a large variety of banding products for
securing cladding, packaging materials and signage.
Wired blankets are flexible Rockwool mats with a galvanized or stainless steel mesh that are used to
hold shape during and after installation. These products are particularly suitable for the insulation of
high temperature ducts, process pipe work, tanks, vessels, boiler and larger process equipment from
The rockwool blanket is manufactured by spinning a molten mixture of natural rock and recycled
products into fine wool like fibres which are bonded together using a thermosetting resin. The mesh is
then stitched to the base blanket to form the final product.
Features and Benefits
- Highly durable insulation product
- Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation for irregular surfaces
- Does not need other means of fixings (bands, seals)
- Able to be used at higher temperatures
- Cost effective thermal insulation
- Performance is not adversely effected from contact with water
- Non combustible
- Biosoluble safe to use product
- Strong and flexible
- Easy to handle and install.
These products are good to use in process temperature control, energy conservation, condensation
prevention, acoustic absorption treatment and personnel protection for plant and equipment. The Mesh
facing provides additional strength and flexibility allowing the product to form and hold form around
process equipment, ductwork and large diameter piping.
Typical applications include
- heat exchangers
- large diameter piping